A new season is just around the corner, practices can begin Monday, November 11th. A few details to remember:
– Make sure you have completed your required rules meeting, available here: https://apps.iahsaa.org/secure/borulesmeeting_start.php
– An updated version of this year’s rules are available here: https://www.iahsaa.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/2019-20-Bowling-Manual.pdf. Make sure you note the updates for this season that are highlighted.
– Concussion forms are available online here: https://www.iahsaa.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/HeadsUpConcussionFactSheet.pdf
– You can sign-up for our mailing list on our website http://iowabowlingcoaches.org. I would STRONGLY encourage you to have all coaches on your team to sign-up. This will guarantee you are getting updates. Please share this with other coaches in your area as well.
– Districts will be defined after we get the FINAL school classifications and will be posted on our website. As previously done, all-district awards will be determined by average as long as bowlers meet minimum participation levels and eligibility requirements. Head coaches will be given the opportunity to withhold bowlers if they do not meet the requirements of their particular team. Please ensure you are only entering regular season statistics on Quikstats as I will need to manually remove all erroneously posted post-season statistics from our results. Preliminary classifications for the girls are here: https://ighsau.org/upl/downloads/content-blocks/tentative-bowling-classes-11-4-19.pdf and the boys are here: https://apps.iahsaa.org/secure/teamspublic.php?sport=bo
– Other important dates:
First meet: November 25
Playing dates: 12
State qualifying tournaments: February 18
Class 1A: February 24
Class 2A: February 25
Class 3A: February 26
QuikStats reporting dates: QuikStats will be checked every Tuesday during the regular season